Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Few and far between

Because I was preparing for the most important moment to date in my academic career, this has been a hectic month.  Although the dust has settled somewhat, I haven't quite gotten my groove back in the kitchen.

I missed the one-day sale on wild caught sea scallops but Sunday the turkey burgers were on sale at Whole Foods for $3.99/lb.  They were nothing to write home about and neither was our frozen broccoli side dish. 

Tuesday I decided to put forth a bit more effort, marinating chicken wing parts in my typical seasonings with a french vinaigrette.  They were rather delicious with a side of sauteed spinach. 

Thursday I put the beef back ribs ($2.99/lb) in the slow cooker and we ate them with a side of kale.  When I bought the meat I had no plan - I debated about grilling.  I did a honey mustard marinade on Wednesday intending to pressure cook them the next day, but I remembered that I had a meeting so the crock pot was the only option.  Since I had to resort to the crock pot I needed something other than the marinade and as time was of the essence, I went to the pantry, dumped in a can of petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (something I clearly picked up by mistake), and a packet of onion soup mix.  The meat was tender, tasty, and fatty. 

Last night we had some wonderful Trinidadian takeout, however I'm trying to climb off of the takeout wagon but I'm lacking umph and ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment