Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Packing perils

It is glaringly obvious that I have an aversion to packing. Once again on the eve of a trip, I found myself doing everything except pack. At 7pm I started a pot of marinara sauce – I needed to use the tomatoes I picked up Sunday. Because they were salad tomatoes and had been refrigerated, I used two cans of 365 tomato paste for good measure, a ton of garlic, onions, and green peppers (because I have an abundance). I seasoned that with basil, crushed red pepper, sea salt, and quite a bit of evoo. The only thing I forgot to do is give it a whirl with my stick blender, but the tomatoes cooked down nicely. My daughter was very excited about the homemade sauce and we are both looking forward to having it over fresh pasta.

In addition to the “gravy”, I made several broccoli quiches – I did a cheddar, colby-jack, swiss mix and it came out quite yummy. The kids will have that for the next couple of days – did I mention that this trip is kid free?

Needless to say I never went to sleep – I had to do laundry, print out itineraries, send emails, and all the other stuff that goes along with attempting to put life on autopilot. I’m just hoping I’ll enjoy this “cruise fare.”

No comments:

Post a Comment