Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chick peas

Sometimes you have to be a little creative to get what you need.  We love shiro, but shiro powder has become virtually extinct.  I told my friend that it should be relatively easiy to make the powder - ground chick peas and bebere. She didn't believe me, until I called her this afternoon to tell her about it.  She asked me did I grind my own chick peas - absolutely not, I've been playing with Girl Scout cookies all morning.  I mixed equal parts besan and bereber and voila!  As a diabetic, she was concerned about carbs.  However, while 61% of its calories come from carbs, it's gluten free and loaded with protein, fiber, and loaded with vitamins and minerals - no wonder it's a staple food in so many cultures. 

I think I want to experiement with besan a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment