Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Perfect pancit

I had three breasts remaining from that bag and had run out of "creativity."  Pancit was my only solution so I went to H-Mart to get noodles and tamari.  While I was there I picked up some rice bran oil and knew it was a good choice when the lady in line in front of me pointed at it and gave me a nod and a smile of approval.  I was excited by the prospect of a heart healthy oil with a high smoke point; lately I've been apprehensive about using canola oil...not for any reason in particular, but using it seems so fatty.

I was so excited as I drizzled the oil in the pan...added onions, garlic, scallions...then the chicken breasts...carrots, celery, and finally frozen peas...I decided to do a garlic ginger eggplant sauteed in sesame oil on the side.  We stopped ourselves from overeating and topped it off with a Melona (Korean honey dew creamsicle).   

No comments:

Post a Comment