Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back on the block

It felt good to step into DiBruno's today...its like being transported back in time.  Zeke was there so of course I received top notch customer service.  I suppose I could easily go to Suburban Square but I like the feel of 9th Street.

I wanted a brie because that last fiasco I bought just didn't cut it and its' still in the fridge. He suggested that I melt it on garlic bread...an excellent plan for unwanted cheese. I bought some ciabattini so that I can serve it with tonight's dinner. 

He had the moses sleeper in stock but upgraded me to harbison @ $30/lb and it's the best brie I've ever tasted.  Of course I bought primadonna...he said its a chemical in the packaging that is the source of controversy for naturalists. 

I went all out with the $40/lb aged pleasant ridge reserve, a Wisconsin gruyere that continues to win awards...of course I bought just a sliver. He recommended that I read about it in the Mastering Cheese text.

Finally I purchased a New York aged cheddar for the kids, @ $10/lb, it beats seaside hands down.
I hit the jackpot with the family blend decaf that I didn't know existed and have brewed two cups this afternoon.

An excellent shopping experience as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment