Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crabtastic

I enjoy Maryland blue crabs but I have never cooked them.  My husband was offered a deal on crabs so I thought it might be nice to get a bushel and share them with friends.  I was never able to set anything up but he ordered a half bushel anyway for me. 

Of course I went into a panic because that's a lot of crabs for one person; so I phoned a friend but I wasn't convinced we could finish them.  I was definitely laboring under a misapprehension. 

I found several recipes online and decided to compare methods - I did a vinegar-beer steam and a water-beer-garlic-cayenne steam...the vinegar produced a superior flavor. 

We ate, I refilled the pan...2 hours later we were cleaning up saying next time we need a full bushel.

No comments:

Post a Comment