Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A piece of Persia

Wednesday my cousin forced me to take a 6lb can of apricots.  We eat lots of dried apricots and I've had some decent desserts but 6lbs of apricots, that had essentially been cooked and dropped into a sweetened liquid, was foreign territory. 

Since Eid was approaching, I decided to figure out a dessert, so yesterday I made an apricot pie and a batch of apricot sorbet.  We fasted yesterday so the sorbet turned out to be a nice treat; and the pie ended up being dessert for eid lunch.

I wanted to make a lunch that complimented apricot pie so I made an interpretation of a chicken couscous.  Between fajr & salatul eid, I set up my crockpot of sauteed onions, garlic, and ginger; seared chicken; carrots and haricots verts.  When we returned from the Gazillion Bubble Show, I made the couscous and served the lunch followed by the pie and chai tea lattes.  The only thing missing was friends to share with.  We're dashing out to Universoul but hoping to connect with friends for dinner. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great! It is good you had a great Eid. Ours was wonderful tooI even took tomorrow off and learned a new recipe from the Cairene sisters, I forgot the name, but there was cardamom, onions, bay leaves, garlic, rice and the freshly slaughtered lamb - your brother was front and center, his first time! I have to tell you the recipe when we talk it was very, very tasty!

    ReplyDelete