Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, September 28, 2012

Creative CSA

This week I was determined to make dinner based solely on inspiration from the CSA, using only what was available in the fridge or freezer.  Monday I made a delicious split red lentil, butternut squash, and broccoli curry (15 mins in the pressure cooker) that we ate with roti. Tuesday was meatball sandwiches (I bought rolls) that were absolutely superb.  I even put the curly endive in our smoothies this morning. Tonight, well I'm just not sure what kind of person attempts a creative meal on a Friday night.

Cheese has become somewhat of a problem.  As much as I love cheese, I have not been able to keep up with all the raw milk cheese I've been getting each week...some of it was delicious and some of it was a bit too pungent for my tastes...I ended up with a few unopened cheeses (oldwyck shepherd, tewksbury, goat cheddar, millich kivel, and havilah) in the drawer in addition to the curds I received this week.  I'm no Little Miss Muffet, for sure.

What to do with curds...make poutine, obviously. It made so much sense in my head, especially since I had also received red potatoes. I cut up the potatoes, blanched, fried, and seasoned them, then topped them with the curds and gravy (the curds didn't quite melt as planned). Way too many steps for a Friday night meal, especially since I also made liver and onions...my only saving grace was frozen string beans (the mere thought of making a salad & dressing was overwhelming).

As if that weren't enough I sat around for 30 minutes or so then decided to make a drink out of the cantaloupe and honeydew that remained from the fruit flower basket I received yesterday - very refreshing. Finally I made macaroni and cheese (as a post meal "snack"), it was creamy with an interesting bite.

Normal people just order pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment