Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cobwebs

It just occurred to me that I've gone on several food journeys only documented by occasional photos and captions on Facebook during the past year. The biggest thing was the green smoothies that have become a staple breakfast and snack item...the Magic Bullet works great of the kids...and juicing, I pulled out the juicer because my daughter wanted to "detox." We were juicing daily...mostly carrot, apple, beet...but the pulp byproduct was just too much...that's when I decided to take the plunge and invest in a Vitamix...I've been waiting for a month and it should arrive any day. 

The other bit is the wellness journey...the entire family sees a chiropractor, who cured my son's ear infections and my migraines....and my daughter and I see a wellness practitioner who focuses on getting the nervous system regulated by supporting the organs. The interesting thing is I learned that I am a Type O...this explains my cravings and my reaction to certain foods...while I haven't plunged into a blood type diet, I have made adjustments and have monitored my body's response to certain foods. This is why we switched to spelt flour...and it's working.

In seeking these alternatives, I've become open to new ways of thinking about food and health...I'm looking forward to exploring food in new ways once my Vitamix arrives and I'm hoping that I'll learn some useful things about raw foods at tomorrow's workshop. I'm not interested in becoming a vegan nor going completely raw, but I'm certainly interested in expanding my repertoire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment