Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, August 26, 2013

So far, so good

I'm wondering when the novelty will wear off...we are using the Vitamix multiple times each day for various things. Soups are a no-brainer...smoothies...clean up....but I was beginning to think I spent an awful lot of money for a one trick pony...

First we tried to "juice" as this was the primary catalyst for biting the bullet in the first place. We did our carrot, beet, apple...and added water and ice...it was just ok...not as sweet as carrot juice and definitely too gritty. We don't know if it's because we used golden beets or Granny Smith but we definitely need to make adjustments. 

Next I used it for my chèvre tart...it was quite easy to "chop" the onions and mix the filling, but something was off...and since we used a small rectangle dish instead of our glass pie dish, the jury's still out. 

The Vitamix actually slashes the onions rather than chopping them and it does produce a bit of moisture, so I put it to the test with zigni and I think it's a winner for those kinds of jobs...for other dishes I'll use my mandolin or chopper. 

It's definitely a keeper...the kids have made quite a few recipes from the cookbook including a fajita marinade which was delicious on chicken, smoothies, beverages, and there's definitely more on the horizon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment