Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, August 23, 2013

That was easy!

I have been debating about getting a Vitamix for over a year now...the demos I've seen in various stores were beginning to be quite appealing....dough, smoothies, soups, etc...I spent a month reading reviews and looking at recipes and had decided on a Blendtec...until I found out about the 750...I convinced myself that it would make juicing more wholesome, green smoothies better, and soups easier...I began lusting for the machine and decided to take the plunge...the kicker was that I was now spending twice as much as I had initially gawked at. Then there was the waiting...the "next generation" were all backordered...I had to wait a month but that didn't stop me from talking about the exceptional machine that I would own, eventually.

It arrived yesterday...the kids were so excited when UPS delivered it, you would have thought it was eid. We immediately watched the video and flipped through the cookbook. Unfortunately we couldn't make anything because I had to head to a raw foods class. I kept nudging my husband because the demonstrator kept commenting how much easier things are with variable speed. Not only does the 750 have variable speed, but it also has preprogrammed settings. 

This morning I made my standard green smoothie...but in larger quantities since I was no longer constrained by the size of Magic Bullet...the only thing I did differently was add a cup of ice. It was velvety smooth...it took the green smoothie to the next level.

This afternoon I wanted to do a soup with lunch (something I learned from last night's class)...I didn't want to over think it so I looked over a couple of recipes and figured out what I could make based on what I had on hand...I ended up with a restaurant quality creamy chicken spinach soup. 

I quickly sautéed a sliced onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and a jalapeño pepper. I dropped that into the Vitamix with 2 cups of water, a bit of seasoning, cream cheese, and some concentrated stock. I ran the soup program, tasted it and was pleasantly surprised at the taste and temperature. I switched to speed 1 and added in some baby spinach and chopped smoked turkey for 15 seconds. My daughter thought it was weird that it came out of a blender but it was quite delicious. My son wants to make the next creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment