Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, July 9, 2010

Eggstreme

My friend is pregnant with babies #5 and 6 (yup, twins).  She's always on the go, running here and there "real quick," volunteering, etc.  The problem with this model is not only that she burns a lot of gas and wastes a lot of time - she rarely has time to cook a decent meal. 

She stopped by with her 22-month-old daughter on Wednesday, so I made her coffee and an omelet.  She acted like that was the best omelet she ever tasted and even posted it on her Facebook page.  She kept asking me if I did anything special - no just the usual - onions, peppers, spinach (haven't used mushrooms in a while).  Because I'm not a fan of eggs, I make a 4-egg omelet in a 10" pan for 2-3 people and a 6-egg omelet in a 14" pan for 4-5 people.  She insisted that there were special peppers, I assured her that only green peppers are bitter; the red, orange, and yellow are sweet. 

Coincidentally, she called me Thursday morning around the same time; sensing the true purpose of her call, I immediately informed her that I was not making omelets but then I thought that there might be some blessings in feeding a pregnant woman and her daughter, so I told her to come over.  She arrived with another friend of ours and again I made coffee and an omelet.  Of course we followed that with cherries. 

This morning she dashed to Produce Junction to get ingredients to make her own omelet, she's sauteing the vegetables as we speak.

1 comment: