Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, July 19, 2010

Hoodwinked

I've been in a bit of a slump lately...I want to cook but the house is in no condition for such a task.  Last week's rainstorm revealed a leaky roof in the rear of the house and now we're in the dry out process - industrial dryers and dehumidifiers on all three levels of the house.  Despite the central air, it's 80 degrees in here and noisy...not to mention it looks like we just moved in. 

I want to cook, but just can''t. 

Unfortunately we're back in dining out mode and it just occurred to me that I'm a hypocrite. I always say that I prefer not to dine out for ethnic food...that most of it has been bastardized to suit American tastes.  If that's true, why have I become a patron of PF Chang's? 

Saturday we went to the Marlton location and it was disappointing, not the consistency you'd expect from a chain (I assume it's because they may actually be cooking the food rather than heating it up).  The food was sweet and some of it was salty, none of it was flavorful.  Upon further reflection, I realized that each of the PF Chang locations I visited had the same patron demographic, suburban middle class, not an Asian in sight. I wonder if a Chinese person would even recognize the menu items. 

I'm still trying to figure out what possessed me to go in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment