Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dessert detour

A few weeks ago I went to Buddakhan with a few friends.  Everything we had was tasty albeit a little salty...very interesting flavor combinations...it put me in mind of an upscale PF Changs with a fusion twist.  (Last Sunday we took the kids to Beijing Homestyle and were delighted by more authentic offerings).  We looked over the dessert menu and considering the price point, were not impressed so I suggested that we go elsewhere (there's a COSI a few doors down). 

Now, one of these friends complained about COSI and asked what kind of city doesn't have a dessert cafe.  I explained that there were several dessert bars in the heart of center city, but there were none that I could think of in the Independence Mall area (I totally forgot about Franklin Fountain).  As we drove home, I pointed out several  cafes along Walnut Street.  She had no comment. 

Last night I went to Chima with another group of friends.  While Chima is a economical alternative to Fogo de Chao, especially during Restaurant Week or with a coupon; it teeters on casual dining.  We looked at the dessert menu and were faced with the same challenge, so I suggested that we drive to Naked Chocolate. 

The place was packed but we were able to snag tables and chairs and went overboard with mousse and drinks.  The European hot chocolate was right up my alley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment