Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Frozen fish

I bought a bag of frozen wild caught whiting filets a couple of weeks ago as a back up item.  I ended up making zigni Thursday and my son loved it, eating the majority of the fish from the pot. 

Today, at 445, I had the brilliant idea to make pancit (inspired by a coworker who made pancit with singapore noodles and vietnamese curry sauce).  The only problem was that the fish was frozen and my daughter is at fencing until 530.  I dashed to the market, bought a bag of cole slaw and broccoli slaw; went home put the fish in water, and cut up 2 onions and 2 heads of garlic; then picked her up from fencing at 535.

I know that I took a huge risk purchasing cut and washed vegetables, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I stir-fried everything, added a half bag of frozen peas and dinner was on the table by 615.  I was clearly running on adrenaline because now I feel exhausted and am already thinking about what's for dinner tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment