Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fast food

Around 645pm it occurred to me that there was nothing on the menu. Last night I bought fixins for corned beef specials (pumpernickel instead of rye), so that was going to be the focal point, but what was the side dish?  Why not soup....soup and sandwiches...I didn't have any cans of Progresso or Campbell's so I pulled out the onions, garlic, celery, and peppers and got to work.  Within a half hour I had a decent soup complete with egg noodles and frozen peas.  It was a big hit with the family especially since we topped it off with our kosher for passover Pepsi. 

I have one problem though, I have not been able to locate a corned beef without the nitrates (although this meat was tasty and not that ridiculous pink color, it wasn't nitrate free)...I guess I'm going to have to learn how to corn my own beef.  I'm thinking that it can't be that difficult; I imagine I would brine a beef brisket similar to how I brine a turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment