Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, May 31, 2010

Carnivore's delight

I've been wanting pancit for awhile now...finally made it to H Mart Saturday to get the ingredients but it doesn't look like I'll be making it until Wednesday.  Saturday night I caught the Memorial Day bug and decided to throw together a family dinner with BBQ as the headliner.  I thought I would keep it simple, drumsticks, burgers, potato salad, and baked beans.  Simple is not how I do things.

Sunday I started the bbq sauce and of course I was pissed off because I checked the blog for the recipe and it was only a listing of ingredients...as-if.  Fortunately I was able to successfully recreate the sauce and it was a big hit!  I decided to make a marinade for the drumsticks - evoo, tamari, brown mustard, garlic, and some other ingredient that totally escapes me.  Then I made up the hamburger patties - mixed 90/10 ground beef with ground turkey, onion soup mix (if anyone has alternative to this msg-laden powder, please let me know), garlic, and the last bit of TJ salsa.  For the steak I simply rubbed it was garlic paste and sprinkled a bit of bizaara.  In the interim my mom was making the baked beans (I think I've stated this previously - hers are absolutely the best), potato salad, and macaroni salad (the Anna cavatappi she used was delicious)...the only problem was she kept asking for Hellman's while complaining about the TJ mayonnaise.

Everything was delicious, the chicken was gorgeous, the burgers meaty, and we had lots of fun...today we realized that we should've had a tossed green salad to balance the carnivorous meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment