Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, March 25, 2011

American ethnic

There's a stark difference between the food found on the table in ethnic homes and the ethnic food available to the middle and upper classes.  People want ethnic food that is not too far out of their comfort zone.  Savy restaurateurs know how to capitalize on this...usually with ambiance and presentation to authenticize the dining experience.

Tiffin is a prime example of this...a Wharton grad has created a chain of Indian restaurants, all in areas with a similar demographic...and they're making a killing.

Yang Ming is a Chinese restaurant on the main line...I've been driving by for years and have been intrigued.  People have always said that it's one of the best Chinese restaurants around and then Fox 29 called it the best.  Tonight I finally made it inside.  My daughter and I went for an early dinner.  I was impressed with the interior but I wondered about the happy hour crowd at the bar. 

I became a little apprehensive when I looked at the menu...although there were some interesting dishes, it screamed American Chinese...Beijing Homestyle would've been a better choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment