Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hurried haddock

Last night I bought "The 6 o'clock scramble" - because it was 40% off and I thought I could get some inspiration.  I looked in it this evening hoping for miracle but there was none to be had.  We have frozen liver, frozen chicken breasts, and frozen haddock fillets. 

The frozen haddock has been a useful item in the freezer but it's a bit bland so I was trying to think of something with zest - my first instinct was zigni but we didn't have injera...then I thought curry, but we just had that.  It was 630 and the clock was ticking so I went with curry with a biryani twist. 

I sauteed onions, garlic, and garlic-ginger paste.  I quickly ground some garam masala, then added that to the pan.  Seared the fish then mixed in some tumeric, red pepper, and broth.  Topped with frozen string beans and fried onions, then simmered. 

The aroma that filled the air was enticing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment