Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Old faithful

My how the tables have turned.  Despite efforts to minimize impact, I have been living and breathing cookies.  I found myself about to ride the take-out train when I reached out to my husband.  I knew I wouldn't have a chance to make dinner Sunday so I asked him if he could take care of it.  He reluctantly obliged. 

I might have mentioned this before but he makes a nice poached salmon.  As a matter of fact, it's probably his signature dish.  So, Sunday he made his one-pot meal - salmon with peppers and onions, topped with cabbage.  It's probably been 5 years since he made this dish but it was very good. 

As usual, he goes all out in the supermarket and apparently purchased 3 kinds of fish - I didn't check the label because I'm certain it's all farm raised.  I couldn't believe my eyes when he went into the kitchen this morning to "make dinner."  He found a recipe in a cookbook and got started. Sauteed garlic and ginger, added some rice vinegar, marinated the fish in tamari, then poached.  He heated some TJs chimichurri rice in the microwave, packed his lunch and left for work. 

I was speechless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment