Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From grass to corn

We finished up the grass-fed steaks (sirloin and ribeye) from Santee this week.  Twice this week I've made delicious steaks, using minimal seasonings and olive oil.  I heated my Le Creuset grill pan to 500 degrees, then quickly seared each side of the steak, cooked for a few minutes more, covered, and enjoyed.  Miraculously, each meal consisted of only 1.25 pounds of meat, but it was more than enough for the four of us.

Today I planned to make curried seitan.  I prepared the jasmine rice, which surprisingly is a 1:1 ratio.  Started the kale then started sauteing the onions for the curry and looked in the refrigerator and there was no setian, that's when I realized that I made both packs when I made the zigni.  I almost panicked but looked around for something that I could curry.  I found a bag of frozen boneless skinless breasts that my husband must've bought at BJs...he was clearly misled by the 100% Natural emblazoned on the bag. 

I took out 3 breasts and soaked them in water - they were huge, as if they came off of a bald eagle - I had a flash back of Food Inc, but I pressed on. 

I added garlic to the pan, added sliced chicken, then mixed some kurkum and zatar with a little stock.  Added a bag of frozen peas, let simmer a bit, then enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment