Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Simply delicious

This has been a wonderful week - relaxin' and good eatin'!  Wednesday I met a friend in Savannah for lunch, which is totally random considering she moved to Los Angeles from Philadelphia several years ago and we both just happened to be vacationing in the same general area.  After lunch I met up with a farmer that I found on the Eat Wild website - grass fed cattle, the way cattle should be.  The folks from Hunter Cattle were accommodating enough to meet me on River Street so that I didn't have to drive the hour and a half to the farm.  I paid $7/lb - I made hamburgers for dinner, just added a bit of Tabasco worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrin's contains corn syrup), and they were tasty and lean, I think this was the best beef I've ever tasted.  We ate them on Arnold's sandwich thins with a side of zucchini sautéed with onions and garlic.

The fellas went golfing today and the girls went horseback riding along the St. Helena coast.  On the way back, I stopped at a roadside stand and bought corn-on-the-cob, strawberries, and 3 pounds of freshly caught shrimp (they popped the heads off for me - probably would make a nice stock) for a grand total of $17.  As a midday snack we ate strawberries and I fried the shrimp - those suckers were sweet!  It's no wonder I don't generally eat a lot of shrimp, I've never had the real thing, ever - until now.


For dinner, I marinated the beef ribs in Odul's Amber and garlic and the beef brisket in worcestershire, garlic, and olive oil - didn't want to overpower the delicate meat flavor...my husband slow cooked those along with the corn on the grill...I baked sweet potatoes (29 cents per pound), and made kale - kale is now my green of choice - just caramelized onions, garlic, and kale...it was delicious.  We were afraid to overcook the meat so we finished it in the oven...it turned out very nice. Everything was delicious...the sweet potatoes tasted like they were candied and the corn was sweet...we had Simply raspberry lemonade to drink.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank the operator of Lazeez Goodeez for the many meals and desserts. This week has been a culinary delight with all of the fresh seafood and grain fed beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been wonderful to read the posts from SC. You guys did everything, including the requisite traffic violation in SC. A very thorough trip I'd say.

    ReplyDelete