Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A taste of Mexico?

I n order not to accumulate a lot of leftovers, I wanted to think of a quick, filling meal for Thursday. While I was in Wegmans on Tuesday, I was inspired by the Mexican section – I saw the masa harina and it is definitely cornmeal processed with lye. I decided to go with a 3-bean chili (pinto, red, and dark red kidney beans) with corn.

I left instructions for my husband Рsaut̩ two onions, a head of garlic; add tomatoes and seasoning (chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, cocoa Рinspired by the museum visit, etc), add the beans, simmer in beef broth with a bit of lime and cilantro. I came home and added TJs corn to the pot. We topped it with cheese and ate it with a very basic salad Рromaine, cucumber, red onion with olive oil, lime, and seasonings.

It was filling and tasty and would’ve been great with cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment