Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Southern style

I think this might be the first vacation I wont need a vacation from.  Yesterday's breakfast was grits and pan-seared scallops, then we went for an after breakfast bike ride that turned into quite a journey as we followed the bike trails and ended up on Fish Haul Rd (I think we were near a Gullah community - I think I might want to explore that a little closer, considering my interest in hybrid cultures and cuisine).


We came back in and I fried catfish (according to the seafood monger at Publix, the majority of the catfish is farm raised), made some turnips & mustards (frozen - sautéed onions, garlic in olive oil, a bit a broth and seasoning and simmered), on the side we had rice & beans.  My son, sister, and I decided to go for a stroll along the beach; instead HE decided to run into the ocean and ride the waves wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.  That's when I messed up - decided to go to Tanger Outlets to get a couple of things - I actually had a list, but being the consumer that I am, went far beyond the list.

On the way home from the outlets, stopped at the Bi-Lo and picked up some more sweet tea and wild caught croakers for breakfast....fish and grits were quite tasty this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment