Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Omnivore's Dilemma

No, I don't think I'm Michael Pollan, but clearly I suffer from an ongoing dilemma as I ask myself daily what's for dinner? I have a novice understanding of the food production system, dabble in diverse ethnic cooking, but for some reason I never know what I have a taste for. That in itself is problematic; there are so many people that do not have the luxury to have a taste for anything because there is nothing for dinner. Conversely I haven't even scratched the surface of the many tastes with which I could pleasure my palate. To top it off, I somehow feel compelled to seek exotic flavors. Am I Ibn Battuta or Christopher Columbus? Or am I even more bogus than that, travelling the globe from my kitchen?

Honestly I haven't had the time or the energy to think of or investigate new options. I'm swamped with my many responsibilities and I am beginning to fear that we may be reentering the world of TJ cuisine. Sunday I was in another 9 hour class and ended up making a short cut pancit by using broccoli slaw and a frozen seafood mix. All I had to do was soak my rice stick, cut up onions, and have my daughter chop the garlic.

It was good but seemed so inauthentic. We had fried rice (yes heavy on the carbs) prepared with Normandy vegetables as an accompaniment. Then I crossed the line, I made chicken salad for lunch, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment