Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Terrific tilapia

I used to be famous for serving foil packet fish. I think I was influenced by my husband's father's family...they are big on fish and generally serve it at all family gatherings. I love BBQ (if the sauce is good) but I also like variety; typically at my BBQs, salmon and spinach (fillets and baby spinach) packets would be on the menu, and I always made a Mediterranean pasta salad (kalamata olives, tomatoes, red onions, tuna, shells, with a balsamic vinaigrette) on the side.


I'm no longer a big fan of salmon and I probably haven't made those packets in at least 5 years...but last night I revived the foil fish packet.

We eat a lot of tilapia, as I stated before it's quite versatile in terms of ethnic cooking...usually we have whole fish (head on)...my husband bought fillets and i couldn't think of any interesting preparations (tilapia is a bit delicate)...so I did a foil packet (colored peppers, onions, garlic, lime, olive oil, and my new hodge podge seasoning) with wonderful results. We had rice and peas (kidney beans & pigeon peas), sautéed string beans, and TJs Southern Green blend on the side.

Since some lunatic made enough rice and peas to feed an army; tonight will be a smorgasbord.

No comments:

Post a Comment