Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Filipino fiesta

When you're trying to manage your food intake, doctors will advise you to eat slower; apparently there is a delayed response in feeling full.  We found that out tonight.  I made what I'm going to call pancit imperial - onions, garlic and scallions, celery, carrots, cabbage, peas, chicken and shrimp, rice sticks and canton noodles. I thought I was making enough for lunch and two dinners.  However, we ate and ate and ate and ate...we literally had to talk ourselves out of eating more.  By the time we pushed away from the table, I was so stuffed that I could hardly breathe.  I knew there was no way I could eat dessert in that condition so I suggested an after dinner walk.

The kids were excited; we used to take these walks a couple of years ago before our schedules got out of control.  We walked around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes and returned ready to devour dessert.  I made Filipino ambrosia salad this afternoon, it was so tasty that we almost had a repeat of dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment