Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Creperie

Taking my Girl Scouts to that crepe making class was clearly a mistake. My family is addicted to crepes. Savory creeps made with boneless chicken thighs for breakfast...yesterday with eggs, today with spinach. Dessert crepes in the middle of the day. For years I've been wanting a crepe pan but was intimidated, unfortunately making a crepe is as easy as making an omelet. I need to put the brakes on. I think once we get back home i'll try them with barley flour and coconut milk instead, and have them as a weekend treat every now and again.

Prior to leaving I took dinner suggestions and we stopped at WF on the way in. I gave the ok for the mac & cheese but said no to the lasagna...I also said no to ice cream and whipped cream because of the crepes.

We did a "bbq" chicken and kale with the mac Friday night, last night it was a Malaysian style shrimp (used some bottled sweet coconut chili dipping sauce from WF) with stir fried vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, garlic, and onions), and rice noodles. I went out on a limb with WF one day sale on farm raised shrimp and was pleasantly surprised.

This was supposed to be a ski weekend but unseasonably warm conditions have transformed this into a relaxing few days with a daily walk incorporated.

Crepes are over, for now...tonight a grass fed chuck roast is what's for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment