Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, March 2, 2012

Turkey thigh stew

The family made tremendous progress with the chores so I thought I would make a basic meal as an incentive to keep up the good work.  Unfortunately the meal turned out so delicious that the kids reverted to their old behavior.  

Around 930, I put onions, celery, stock, frozen turkey thigh, and seasoning in the crock pot and set it on low for 8 hours.  My grandmother insisted that I prepare a vegetable, so at 230 I added sliced yams, cabbage wedges, and more seasoning to the pot.  

When they came home from school, their faces lit up as they were met by the aroma that filled the air...when we sat down for dinner I was disappointed by the rich flavors (I was hoping for something less palatable), every bite was delicious.  They were ecstatic as they ate every drop and even had seconds.  But...

Instead of taking care of the kitchen and tidying up the living room, they went to their bedrooms...now the stakes have increased.

1 comment:

  1. ok I must know what kind of jedi mind trick did you think you were going to accomplish with the idea of providing a basic meal as incentive. Please tell because I am over here cracking up.

    ReplyDelete