Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meal planning

Its becoming clear and evident that i cannot properly function without a weekly menu plan and related shopping trip. I've been calling myself winging it with a mental plan and for the past two weeks I have failed miserably. I even had to resort to buying a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods and making frozen vegetables at 8pm last Thursday.

Other than the lamb chops I grilled, last week was essentially Asian themed. Egg foo omelettes in the morning and stir fry at night. Saturday I took my Girl Scouts to a sweet and savory crepe making class and over indulged. Sunday and Monday I went with Indian vegetarian options but felt a little guilty because of the chick peas and bread. The family loved it and didnt seem to notice the lack of meat.

I started the day off right with the caveman custard and tonight I'm planning to make the wild caught cod I picked up from wegmans two weeks ago and I will try to make it through the week somehow. I'm certainly looking forward to spring break on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I am nothing without my meal plan. And I waste so much money without one as well that I get buyers remorse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a meal plan...the week becomes a disaster and supermarket trips are a disaster.

    ReplyDelete