Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Roasted lamb and veggies

I felt like I was consistently off-task all day.  Fortunately breakfast was easy because I had made the caveman custard (it was delicious - I increased the bananas at my daughter's request) AND I had the good sense to marinate the lamb (bizaara, garlic, olive oil, lime, s&p) before I left out this morning.  I didn't start dinner until after 5pm but I wasn't too worried because I was cooking lamb tops, a tender cut that requires minimal cooking time, especially on convection.  I started on 425 and dropped it to 325, it was done in just over an hour.  

Up until last week, my son had been complaining that we ate too many sweet potatoes...however I noticed that he gobbled them up in that turkey stew.  Tonight I thought I'd try something different.  

I halved brussel sprouts and cut sweet potatoes into cube...tossed with olive oil and sprinkled with seasoning...threw that in the oven while the lamb cooked and we ended up enjoying the robust caramelized flavor.  Tonight's dinner was truly a treat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment