Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Desperately seeking fish

I am so desperate for ideas that I called one of my previous professors; I know, totally unprofessional, but his wife is Salvadorian so I was hoping for some inspiration.  I did get a quick intro to the culture - only 5% of the population is indigenous so the Mayan influence is not as strong; Pacific fish is consumed along the coast and of course other fish is imported.  He did tell me about pan con pavo - which is made with turkey, pupusa - a cheese stuffed tortilla, and something similar to coq au vin but made with guava.  It all sounds delicious but I will have to extend my culinary journey to El Salvador later because I want to do something with fish.

I refuse to be reduced to surfing the net for recipes. I've sent emails to my Peruvian and Brazilian friends in hopes of conjuring up something.  I have also put a call into my sister-in-law, she's from Mindanao and used to make an excellent sweet and sour fish (and a stinky dried brown fish dish as well). The Pacific islands are probably the most appropriate arsenal for fish dishes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment