Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, November 13, 2009

Soothing the senses

Nothing says 'thank you' like homemade baked goods.  A few weeks ago, faculty and staff at my children's school scrambled to help me out with last minute paperwork.  I thought I'd thank them with a little Lazeez Goodeez.

As the cakes baked, my daughter's mood lightened, she said "baking makes our house happier."  She started chatting about her day and sat anticipating what was coming out of the oven.  She's on to something...there is a great deal of research about what scents trigger, such that real estate agents often put a pie in the oven or burn a scented candle during open houses.

As we were wrapping the cakes Wednesday night, my husband reminisced about our previous operation; he desperately wants me to sell cakes but I'm not sure I have time to operate on that scale again.

This morning the kids were pleased with what they saw and eager to make the deliveries.  I even gave them a treat with a slice in their lunchboxes.

I was a little concerned that the formula was still not quite right (someone recently tracked me down on Facebook to ask me about cakes for Thanksgiving - I told her perhaps I'll be ready Xmas) and I thought they might've overcooked but the several slices I've had (I'm on a sweet binge - devoured a pecan pie yesterday) were actually pretty darned tasty.

The carrot cake loaves received rave reviews.

1 comment:

  1. YES! She is back
    Keep baking, the moments you have with the children are worth more than the pennies you will get from selling the cakes.
    I have tasted one of your cakes, which you will not bake for me no matter how much I have asked (carrot cake with cream cheese topping).
    I hope that it is one of your come back cakes.

    ReplyDelete