Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, November 8, 2010

Comforting cookies

Somehow I have fallen victim to this notion of comfort food.  This idea is reproduced in many ways in our everyday lives.  There's a host of foods that elicit warm and fuzzy feelings:  chicken soup for colds; homemade baked goods for school events; hot chocolate on a cold day; and of course apple pie.  We are embarking on that time of year - egg nog, tins of cookies, and turkey soup...comfort food season - we will plump up as we prepare for the cold weather in the midst. 

I have been wanting a fresh baked good for days.  In a state of desperation I made a batch of Pillsbury Simply cookies last Thursday.  My daughter called me out.  She wanted to know the origin of the uniformed shaped cookies...she kept saying, they're on your plate, but you don't make chocolate chip cookies without oatmeal...she also said that the aroma was different.  I had to confess - I said I did it for the box top. 

This morning I ran into a stumbling block and the only cure I could think of was to make a batch of Doubletree cookies.  I had everything I needed at home except oats and eggs.  I whipped the cookies together threw them in the oven and smiled as I was enveloped by the aroma. 

As I ate several cookies grinning like a chessy cat, it occurred to me that this may be a recipe for an eating disorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment