Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ordinary organ

Last night I mentioned that liver would've been on the menu in the 18th century and just about everyone commented that they like liver.  I asked my husband to go to Whole Foods to pick up the grass fed local beef liver I saw for $3.99/lb...they only had two pieces, which ended up being plenty.
I soaked the liver in milk while I made a pot of jasmine rice; sauteed onions; and heated up the pepper pot.  I drained the liver, seasoned, and popped it in the marinator for a few minutes.  I coated it with the pan searing flour I picked up from Wegmans and pan fried with butter and olive oil.  I made a little gravy, quickly smothered the liver and served. 

My son's soccer buddy exclaimed that the pepper pot was the best soup he ever tasted; he also enjoyed the meat and requested seconds...only then did we reveal that it was liver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment