Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, November 29, 2010

Scrap soup

I think I'm coming down with something...I'm beat, my nose is runny, and my throat is starting to itch...instead of doing something constructive or resting, I made duck soup.  I simmered the heads and feet for about an hour or so...then I sauteed onions, garlic, scallions, and ginger...I added celery and carrots, let that simmer a bit more with the carcass and then added the half head of cabbage.  I pulled some old wonton skins out of the freezer and made a filling out of the remaining duck (back), scallions, cilantro, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. 

Although my soup was not as robust as the peking duck soup I get in Yonkers; I am especially pleased that no part of that duck went to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment