Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, February 26, 2010

East meets West

I finally made timtimo again today...I've been wanting to make it for awhile but never got around to it.  I sauteed onions and tomatoes, then added the berbere - that's when panic set in - I didn't have enough (my Eritrean friend has been holding it hostage so my supply has been diminishing) - fortunately my Ethiopian friend lives around the corner so I was able to restock and continue with the meal.

I had an appointment this morning so I couldn't leave it on the stove to simmer - I pulled out the Crock Pot - added the onions and tomatoes, then the lentils (I boiled these for 30 minutes) and liquid, and went on my way...four hours later we had tender, tasty timtimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment