Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, February 12, 2010

Glorious tandoori

That tandoori was absolutely delicious...I'm just mad that I didn't make all of the chicken and rinsed the marinade down the drain..I am currently marinating the last 4 pieces in a somewhat improvised concoction (a masala of chili pepper, cardamon, cinnamon, anise, cloves, jeera, ginger, and allspice with ginger, garlic, and yogurt), but I don't think it's going to quite be the same. 

I let the chicken marinade in the marinater for almost two hours (the vacuum intensified the flavor)...I cooked it on convection roast for almost an hour...in the interim I made kheer (I went pseudo tres leche with 2%, evaporated, and condensed milks)- it is so creamy, sweet, and delicious...I topped it with saffron, pistachios, and bit of dried mango.  I boiled some Tilda (it is much more aromatic than the regular basmati) and mixed that in with the biryani rice to tone it down and made more raita...this food can easily be thought of as comforting. I'm going to cook the pseudo tandoori now and see what happens. 

2 comments:

  1. ooohhh I love Indian food. I go to this buffet by my job. I never thought to try my hand at tandori chicken but I may have to now. RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Indo-Pak food is sooo flavorful...I was like a fiend this week, that biryani was so spicy...then I called my friend to ask her about the tandoori - it was so delicious I made it 2 days in a row. I'm supposed to go to her house to learn how to make roti soon.

    ReplyDelete