Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A taste of Asia

As I sit here sipping on a cup of decaf (with heavy cream and sugar), I'm trying to figure out why I feel totally rundown, as if I could pass out at any minute.  I suppose last week was a bit of a whirlwind and I truly have a lot going on.  Alas, dinner must be served.

Today we made an energy soup at Girl Scouts - since we're learning about energy, we've been tyring to have snacks that energize - the soup was quite good (onions, garlic, celery, carrots, kidney beans) but I only had a spoonful so I didn't reap the benefits of the energy. 

At home, there were several pounds of boneless breasts in the fridge so I decided to make a stir fry - onions, garlic, scallions, celery, carrots, red peppers, cabbage, and chicken - which I marinated in a pseudo teriyaki sauce - orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and scallions.  The stir fry was delicious.  I also made a chicken fried rice as an accompaniment but could've easily been an entree - scallions, onions, garlic, chicken, eggs, peas and carrots.

I didn't feel like separating and freezing the remaining breasts, so I made chicken salad - I'm sure the kids will be pleased to find something other than a turkey and cheese sandwich in their lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment