Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Scratching the surface

Apparently, I've only scratched the surface with the Indian cuisine that I create and consume.  I was chatting with a Hindi colleague and he referred to biryani and tandoori as Mughlai - I had never heard this term and was especially shocked that that it is essentially the food of Muslims (but Hindus eat it because it's so flavorful) - it comes from period of the Mughal (Mongol) rule of India - very lavish and exotic...I now understand why this royal cuisine is so labor intensive.  The aromatic spiciness and richness that I love about Indo-Pak cuisine is just the tip of the iceberg but somehow seems to be the dominant representation...now I must locate some Hindus so that I can broaden my horizons and perhaps simplify my cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment