Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, August 9, 2010

What's cookin'

I've been walking around all day in my Piggly Wiggly's shirt thinking about food.  Although we're not in Low Country, we have been eating our favorites - shrimp and grits, fried whiting and tomato pie (the pie I made today was a toe tapper).  Yesterday I did a spinach and vidalia quiche for breakfast (inspired by King's).  We've been having some good eats...tomorrow we will swing by a farm to get some beef and then we'll start winding down our vacation.

I've eaten enough key lime pie to make my lips pucker, but I haven't had enough so I decided to try my hand at making one.  I enlisted my daughter to separate the eggs and then whipped up the pie in just a few minutes, using my new favorite dessert ingredient - sweetened condensed milk.  The pie was quite nice, a slightly different texture than the pie from King's but it received rave reviews from the family - I only wish I'd cooked the crust a bit longer.

I took the whites and made a quiche for breakfast - spinach, shrimp, vidalias, peppers, and tomatoes.  It smells real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment