Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Burgers and sprouts

There's nothing like a good, juicy burger. I used to get burgers at Fridays or Houlihans but that was before I concerned myself with beef production.  I desperately wanted a burger so we went to Whole Foods for ground meat.  They had ground turkey thigh $4.99/lb, local beef $3.99/lb, grass fed beef $5.99/lb, and bison $6.99/lb...they also had liver.  I bought the liver and one pound of beef.

My cousin's stepfather makes the best turkey burgers - I call them Mack Burgers...he works a concoction of condiments into the meat and my aunt tops those burgers with lettuce and tomatoes and Bay Fries on the side.  I mixed up the meat with HP Sauce, mustard, chili pepper sauce, and onion soup mix (yes I'm still using it). 

While I cooked the burgers, I steamed a pound of brussel sprouts.  The aroma was enticing and those burgers were so good that we wished I had purchased two pounds of beef. 

No comments:

Post a Comment