Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, December 17, 2010

Old Philadelphia

I think I mentioned before that my favorite ice cream used to be Old Philadelphia. Not only was Philadelphia the workshop of the world but it was the number one producer of a confection commonly known as ice cream in the colonial era, with the primary difference between Philadelphia style ice cream and French style being the omission of eggs.

Tonight we went to see The Borrowers at the Arden; Franklin Fountain was advertised in the playbill...I searched online and thought immediately of Serendipity 3.  It seemed like a great way to top off the evening. I decided against hot chocolate because I've been indulging in Williams-Sonoma on a nightly basis. The mulled cider with cloved oranges seemed appealing but I was indecisive (and I figured I could make that at home). The kids ordered ice cream, the husband ordered pie a la mode and I finally decided to go daring with a lambrakis hot lunch (without egg)...a mixture of malt, chocolate, cream, coca cola syrup. I was apprehensive but was pleasantly surprised, it went down smooth. 

It was a nostalgic ice cream parlor with a colonialesque twist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment