Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookie chaos

For the life of me I can't figure out how I got caught up in the season of giving. 

I have been baking cookies for the past couple of hours for my kids to take to school for their secret snowflakes.  I don't care how politically correct the Quakers think they're being...it's still a pollyanna...and I suppose the homemade treat idea was a way to make it less commercial.  In hindsight, buying a $5 gift would have been much simpler. 

First of all, where do you buy cookie tins?  Obviously not at a supermarket or dry goods store...I suppose the craft stores are bustling with them...we had to settle for plastic holiday treat "tins." Secondly, homemade doesn't necessarily mean made from scratch.  I could have purchased refrigerator cookie dough and been finished quite some time ago.  How many times has someone said that they were "making" cookies when what they were really doing was baking dough.

Somehow I have sent a message to my children that I am a short order cook.  Not only did they inform me that I needed to make cookies tonight, but they requested that they be made without oatmeal.  Well, I only know how to make chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal.  Fortunately the Ghiradelli's bag had a recipe on it...but did I follow it, of course not, I decided to improvise. 

I made 3 dozen cookies without oatmeal and then had the brilliant idea to make 3 dozen cookies with oatmeal for us to have at home.  Guess what I didn't make?

Dinner...that's coming from Bertucci's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment