Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Puslating peanuts

Clearly my idea about the cleanse has fallen to the wayside.  In attempt to keep hope alive, I made a peanut butter stew - to truly make it a balance meal I should've added some lentils and probably made some rice but I'm actually about to dash out to work, so peanut  butter stew it is.

I was inspired by a recipe in the Soul on Rice cookbook - when I think about it, it puts me in mind of the pepper pot.  If I wasn't going vegetarian, I would've put in a few pieces of meat or even fish. 

It's a simple dish, yet rich and very flavorful - I sauteed onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes; then added a paste made from peanut butter and water; added additional liquid, diced sweet potatoes, mixed greens, seasoned and let simmer.  I think ginger and okra would've added a nice touch but I had to work with the ingredients on hand. 

My cleanse plan seems to be unraveling; perhaps I can make a minimal effort and do vegetarian for the next two days.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like peanut chicken stew this weekend. i have okra, wish it was fresh. just need some peppers to kick it up. i think your recipe was pretty balanced with the sweet potatoes and greens. Tasty!

    ReplyDelete