Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Friday, April 16, 2010

Stewed chicken

Yup, I'm definitely running this pressure cooker into the ground.  I woke up this morning and went to buy chicken because I felt inclined to stew it in the pressure cooker .  My big plan was to cook it before 11am , that was highly unlikely because I didn't head to the store until 9.  I was able to concoct a marinade - I was attempting a Caribbean stew but forgot the lime - onions, garlic, peppers, celery, thyme, tomatoes, soy, and seasonings.

After a day of errands I came home and started brownin then put the veggies from the marinade on top, cut up some carrots and potatoes and pressure cooked for 20 minutes - the chicken was falling off the bone.  I probably should've skinned it but it was very good; almost like a tropical barbecue stew...of course we had mixed greens on the side and we are planning old fashioned milk shakes for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment