Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Under pressure

My husband arrived home at 7pm with what he thought was a solution for my what's for dinner question - oxtails and two boneless legs of lamb.  While I appreciated his effort, cooking either of those meats required far more effort than I was willing to exert at the time.  The problem was everyone was walking around saying that they were hungry and there was no TJ convenience food available. 

I had no choice but to go with the lesser of two evils - lamb. When I pulled out the pressure cooker that I bought a couple of months ago, everyone was a little nervous (my son went to bed).  Around 8pm I seasoned the lamb with bizaara, garlic, crushed red peppers, and a little lemon juice and placed it in the marinator.  At 9pm I seared the lamb, then sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes and added potatoes and carrots (apparently these are supposed to be added after the meat has cooked a bit in order to avoid mush but I had no intention of opening and closing the pressure cooker). 

I anxiously watched steam escape as I waited for the pressure to build, twenty minutes later there was a gush of steam, I tiptoed into the kitchen and lowered the flame.  I let it cook for another twenty minutes, monitoring the pressure like a schizophrenic.  I was so excited when I released the pressure that I called everyone into the kitchen to watch.  I reviewed the instructions and gingerly unlatched and removed the top. 

At 1015pm we ate tender delicious lamb like neandathrals as we reveled about our newfound technology. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks appetizing! My family loves lamb. I don't mind cooking it since I always have the preferred seasonings on hand. You'll have to give me the scoop on the "bizaara" - never heard of that one before. I'm sure this meal was well worth the wait.

    If you have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, then this one would certainly be worthy of 4 stars.

    ReplyDelete