Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Monday, June 21, 2010

Dining out

The worst thing about hotel vacations is it's hard to readjust to domestic life - it's different in a condo because I'm cooking and doing laundry just like home - but in a hotel, we dine out.  Last week we were way over budget because we were still in dining out mode after just a couple of days at the Jersey Shore.

One of my Girl Scouts recommended Bobby's Burger Palace in University City. She assured me that it was not greasy and would not have the same impact on me as Five Guys. 

She was absolutely right. I decided to be daring and have a Dallas burger (coleslaw and a sauce that resembled steak or BBQ sauce), my husband had a Santa Fe, and the kids crunchified theirs (topped with potato chips).  We enjoyed the burgers and the customer service was great.  We spent around $30 and considered getting milkshakes but for $5 each for a 12 oz shake, we went to the market and bought an almost 1/2 gallon of ice cream and made our own with a dash of vanilla for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Bobby's. I'll be sure to let your girl scout know you were pleased.
    When my family and I went, we thoroughly enjoyed our food selections as well. Even my sweet potato fries were better than most fast food places I've tried. However, I splurged and got my mom the $5 shake, which to our unpleasant surprise was presented more so as a 12oz. glass of milk and not quite the the delicious thick shake she was anticipating from a burger joint.
    As you mentioned, the CS was great and I think that the atmosphere was sort of fun in their successful attempt to arrange a contemporary diner scene. I can definitely see myself going back there again.

    ReplyDelete