Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Prima pasta

Perhaps I'm a perv but I chuckle everytime I hear the word puttanesca. We haven't had spaghetti in quite some time and I wouldn't mind making a seafood lasagna but this morning I had the urge to make puttanesca sauce.

Of course I went heavy on the garlic and onions, then added tomato paste, olives, capers, anchovies - sauteed that whole mixture to release the essence then simmered with tomatoes - the sauce was rich, aromatic, and flavorful. 

I was enjoying the sauce tossed with penne when my husband texted, wanting to meet me for lunch...I replied that I was already eating lunch then packed some up and surprised him just as he was about to order Jamaican takeout.  He thoroughly enjoyed that puttanesca.

1 comment:

  1. It may not look appetizing but believe you me, it was delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete