Get Free Shipping on a New or Refurbished Vitamix

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Frozen entree

I did a quick refrigerator clean out on Tuesday; there was all kinds of crap lurking about. I also briefly tackled the freezer. Like the pantry, I've come to realize that stocking the freezer is a fool's mission unless you have a large family or reside in the outskirts of town. It seems borderline sinful to accumulate food while so many people are doing without.

Until my freezer is bare I am on a meat buying hiatus. Last night I made dinner based on what was readily available.  At 6pm there was no time to defrost drumsticks, breasts, or beef so I had to work with normandy vegetables and three chicken tenderloins.
As I mentioned previously, many ethnic are often scantily laced with meat; indulging in meat seems to be an American phenomenon.  With that in mind, I was confident that the tenderloins would be sufficient so I diced them up and made a stir fry inspired by PF Chang's ginger chicken, using a method similar to what I did with the beef.  I served it with tilda, it was yummy and filling.

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing this as well. I haven't bought meat (chicken, beef, lamb) in quite some time. I just restocked my pantry last night w/all my beans (kidney, lentils, chickpeas, split peas) and I'm starting to gear up for my Ramadan cooking. I am DETERMINED to be more prepared this Ramadan, especially considering the length of the days and my work schedule.

    ReplyDelete